- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Parque Municipal Review
Elegant royal palms, swirls of colorful bougainvillea, and the surrounding colonial architecture make this park stand out from others in Lima. The southern end is lined with historic buildings, the most prominent of which is the library, with its yellow clock tower. Every evening, artisans who live in the area sell their works here. To the north of the park stands Barranco's bright red Iglesia de la Santísima Cruz (Church of the Holy Cross), which opens for mass every evening, as well as Sunday morning. To the west of the park is a staircase that leads down to the Puente de los Suspiros and the Bajada a los Baños.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more