- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lima Hotel Reviews
Lima isn't lacking for lodging—you can't go far before you see the flurry of flags above a doorway indicating that international travelers are welcome. If you have some money to spend, the capital has some astonishing accommodations. For something special, pass by the towers of glass and steel and head to such charmers as the Miraflores Park Plaza, the Country Club Lima Hotel, or the Gran Hotel Bolívar.
There are plenty of low-cost lodgings in Lima, many of them on quiet streets in the Miraflores and Barranco districts. These areas are safe, so you don't have to worry about taking a stroll during the day, and they're quick cab rides from El Centro. The only decent hotel near the airport is in its parking lot, and is quite pricy, but it's just a 30-minute drive to the historic center, except during rush hour.
Although the historic center is safer than it once was, it has few decent hotels. If you decide to stay near the heart of the city, remember that you really can't go for a stroll at night. You'll also have far fewer options in terms of bars and restaurants than in other neighborhoods.
Browse Lima Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe