- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Neptune's Bounty: You'll quickly encounter cebiche—slices of raw fish or shellfish marinated in lemon juice with onions and hot peppers. Also try the corvina (sea bass) and lenguado (sole).
Lima Baroque: In El Centro, Iglesia de San Francisco's facade is considered the height of the "Lima Baroque" style of architecture. The crypt below stores the bones of dearly departed monks.
Cool Digs: More than 30 archaeological digs are around Lima, such as the pre-Inca temple Huaca Pucllana in Miraflores and the Huaca Huallamarca temple in San Isidro.
Handicrafts: Calle Alcanflores, which runs through Miraflores, has stores selling everything from hand-carved wooden masks to silver-filigree jewelry.
Park Life: On weekends families and couples fill Lima's parks, especially the ones that line Miraflores's ocean-view malecónes, such as the incomparable Parque del Amor.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's