- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
PeruRail is the most established operator in Peru; its Andean Explorer train departs from Cusco (at Wanchaq Station on Pachacutec) Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 8 am for Puno. There is an additional train on Friday April to October.) The scenic journey takes 10 hours. Three classes of daily service to Machu Picchu depart from Cusco's Poroy station. Trains depart early in the morning—with the luxury Hiram Bingham service departing from Poroy at 9 am. Trains depart throughout the day from the Ollantaytambo station. Purchase tickets in advance from the PeruRail sales office in the Plaza de Armas, online (www.perurail.com), or from a travel agency.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's