- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cusco's licensed taxis have a small official taxi sticker on the windshield, but these are difficult to see. Choose ones that have the name and number of a company on the top. Fares are S/3 within the central city and S/4 after 10 pm. Have your hotel or restaurant call a taxi for you at night.
Mototaxis—three-wheeled motorized vehicles with room for two passengers—ply the streets of Sacred Valley towns. Touring the Sacred Valley from Cusco with one of the city's taxis costs about $60–$70 USD, but depends largely on your negotiating skills.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe