- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For exploring the Sacred Valley, a car is the best option. The vehicular tourist route ends at Ollantaytambo. Cusco is the only place to rent a vehicle. However, you won't need or want to drive inside the city; heavy traffic, lack of parking, and narrow streets, many of them pedestrian only, make a car a burden. Driving anywhere in Peru seems to have its own unwritten rules, so hiring a car and driver or going by taxi is the usually the safest option.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe