- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Huacatay Review
The best restaurant in Urubamba, possibly in the Valley, El Huacatay was serving Peruvian fusion cuisine before it became trendy in an intimate ambiance and with a lovely garden. All that experience has certainly stood them in good stead and you're likely to need some time to decide between all the enticing possibilities on the menu. Still, you can never go wrong with an alpaca tenderloin or pumpkin tortellini. There are plenty of vegetarian choices as well. Be sure to save room for the frozen passionfruit cheesecake.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more