- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Trattoria Escondida Review
A welcome addition to the culinary offerings in Pisac, this restaurant offers Italian food with some Peruvian twists concocted by an American chef. The ingredients are sourced locally and purchased daily, ensuring that everything is fresh. Continuing on the theme of freshness, pastas are made in-house. The restaurant is literally built into the mountain, as you will notice by the huge rock forming part of one wall. The locale doubles as a community space, with frequent live music, art openings, and the like. Located across the street from Melissa Wasi, the restaurant closes early, so be sure to call ahead.
- Address: Rinconada, Sector Matará, Pisac
- Phone: 084/791-938
- Location: Pisac
- Closed Tues. and Wed.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
Hello All i hope you can give your honest and excellent opinions on my GF and I's 19 day itinenary in Peru. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more