- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- in the historic center of Cusco
- excellent breakfast and service
- L'Occitane bath products
- free WiFi
- thin walls
Check Rates from our Partners
Casa Cartagena Review
Just a few blocks north of the Plaza de Armas on a quiet cobblestone street lies this elegant boutique hotel of spacious rooms decorated with trendy lamps and contemporary Italian furniture. Whitewashed walls and exposed wood beams temper the modern feel of this 17th-century restored property. Rooms also boast colorful Peruvian embroidered pillows (available for purchase in the gift shop), down duvets, iPod docks, flatscreen TVs, and oxygen (to help with altitude sickness). The service is spot-on, as is the glorious breakfast—try the homemade cheese, yogurt, and aguaymanto (gooseberry) jam. Many rooms have balconies that overlook the well-landscaped courtyard. At the spa a large indoor hot tub and steam room are open to all guests—great after walking the hilly streets of Cusco; some rooms also have modern soaking tubs. For a real splurge, opt for the Royal Suite, which has a private Jacuzzi adjacent to the king-size bed, dry sauna, private massage room, and terrace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more