- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Torre Dorada Residencial
At a Glance
- quiet and comfortable, with a noteworthy staff and variety of other travelers
- some rooms have views
- a bit far from the center of town, but there is a free shuttle service to the Plaza de Armas
Check Rates from our Partners
Torre Dorada Residencial Review
What this hotel lacks in location, it more than makes up for with its cheerful staff and clean, comfortable rooms. Sitting on a quiet patch of suburban Cusco and run by an endearing hostess, Peggy Kalinowski, the hotel makes a great place to regroup after a long flight or strenuous tour. Each floor boasts its own common area with comfy couches and ample tea supply, great for kicking back and relaxing with a book or chatting with fellow travelers. Oxygen is also available upon request. Some rooms feature stunning views, and everyone is encouraged to enjoy the rooftop terrace. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport as well as to and from the Plaza de Armas. Guests are also introduced to Cusco and surroundings with a free map and brief run-down with Peggy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
We are planning a trip to Peru in January 2013, mostly to see Machu Picchu. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more