- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hearts Café Review
On the corner just before you turn to go down to the train station, Hearts Café offers tasty, down-home soups, sandwiches, baked goods, and fresh juices. This is the place to come if you're craving comfort food like pancakes, French toast, chicken burgers, or birthday cakes made to order. Besides the food, this place dishes up a hearty serving of humanitarian aid, as profits go to fund an NGO. Octogenarian British transplant Sonia Newhouse set up the café-cum-foundation in 2007. She makes it clear, however, that Living Heart is not a handout organization; profits feed into a variety of educational support programs for local women and children.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more