- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Chi Cha Review
Inspired by Gastón Acurio—renowned chef and godfather of the Nuevo-Andino culinary craze—this hip and hopping restaurant dishes up regional Cusqueña cuisine with a modern twist. If you haven't tried cuy yet, this trendy, open-kitchen restaurant may inspire you to pull the trigger with its chaufa (a type of Peruvian-Chinese fried rice) with guinea pig. Those who are intrigued but not ready for the guinea pig plunge can still experience the thrill of trying traditional recipes peppered with innovative additions: consider kapchi de habas (fava bean casserole) or anticuchos (Peruvian kebabs). Standbys like pizza and pasta are top-notch if that's more your speed, and the cocktails aren't too shabby either.
- Address: Plaza Regocijo 261, 2nd floor, Plaza Regocijo, Cusco
- Phone: 084/240–520
- Location: Cusco
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more