- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Libertador Tambo del Inka
At a Glance
- secluded with riverfront views
- green hotel
- huge modern resort
- not for those seeking intimate atmosphere
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Libertador Tambo del Inka Review
The sprawling complex sits on the edge of Urubamba's curving river—all state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly rooms have hardwood floors, two beds, and great mountain views. The sophisticated restaurant specializes in a variety of Peruvian and international dishes, and the über-trendy bar features an entirely onyx-clad wall. With plenty of room to spare, the hotel also offers an on-site spa and fitness center. This is the only hotel in Peru that has been granted the LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). Access to the Machu Picchu trains doesn't get any better: the hotel sits right across from Urubamba's rail station.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more