- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- stylish rooms with all the conveniences
- stunning public spaces
- attentive service
- rooms are small for the price tag
- everything (including Internet access) is charged
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Monasterio Review
One of Cusco's top hotels, this beautifully restored 1592 monastery of San Antonio Abad is a national historic monument. Planners managed to retain the austere beauty of the complex—the lodging even counts the original chapel with its ornate gold altar and collection of Cusqueño art—yet updated the compact rooms with stylish colonial furnishings and all the mod-cons such as remote-operated window blinds and TVs that pop out of cabinet tops. The public spaces such as the elegant lounge bar and serene cloisters will take your breath away. For those having trouble adjusting to the altitude the hotel offers an in-room oxygen enrichment service. For around S/140 per night you can elect to have your room pressurized with a flow of enriched oxygen, duplicating conditions of those 1,000 meters (3,300 feet) lower than Cusco.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more