- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- stylish rooms with all the conveniences
- stunning public spaces
- attentive service
- rooms are small for the price tag
- everything (including Internet access) is charged
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Monasterio Review
One of Cusco's top hotels, this beautifully restored 1592 monastery of San Antonio Abad is a national historic monument. Planners managed to retain the austere beauty of the complex—the lodging even counts the original chapel with its ornate gold altar and collection of Cusqueño art—yet updated the compact rooms with stylish colonial furnishings and all the mod-cons such as remote-operated window blinds and TVs that pop out of cabinet tops. The public spaces such as the elegant lounge bar and serene cloisters will take your breath away. For those having trouble adjusting to the altitude the hotel offers an in-room oxygen enrichment service. For around S/140 per night you can elect to have your room pressurized with a flow of enriched oxygen, duplicating conditions of those 1,000 meters (3,300 feet) lower than Cusco.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more