Cusco and the Sacred Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Alpaca Clothing: Nothing says "Cusco" quite like a sweater, shawl, poncho, or scarf woven from the hair of the alpaca.
Andean Cuisine: Where else in the world will you find roasted cuy (guinea pig) and alpaca steaks rubbing shoulders on fine-dining menus?
Inca Architecture: How did the Inca construct stone walls so precisely using 15th-century technology? How could they position a temple so it would be illuminated best at the exact moment of the solstice?
Layered Religion: Take a closer look at the walls—every Catholic church was built on the site, and often the foundation, of an Inca huaca, or sacred place.
Hotels with History: Cusco's hostelries brim with history. Many are former convents, monasteries, dwellings of sacred women, or palaces of Spanish conquerors.
Sacred Playground: The Sacred Valley is an adventurer's playground for hiking, biking, and rafting.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's