- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Una foto amigo?
Cusco is one of the most colorful cities in the world, and you can't be here for more than five minutes without noticing all the women and young girls walking the streets in full traditional costume, most towing a llama or endearingly cuddling a lamb or puppy. They are more than happy to pose for photos. In fact, that's how they make their money, so make sure you pay up when asked. The going rate for a photo is S/1.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com