- Alpaca Clothing Nothing says "Cusco" quite like a sweater, shawl, poncho, or scarf woven from the hair of the alpaca.
- Andean Cuisine Where else in the world will you find roasted cuy (guinea pig) and alpaca steaks rubbing shoulders on fine-dining menus?
- Inca Architecture How did the Inca construct stone walls so precisely using 15th-century technology? How could they position a temple so it would be illuminated best at the exact moment of the solstice?
- Layered Religion Take a closer look at the walls—every Catholic church was built on the site, and often the foundation, of an Inca huaca, or sacred place.
- Hotels with History Cusco's hostelries brim with history. Many are former convents, monasteries, dwellings of sacred women, or palaces of Spanish conquerors.
- Sacred Playground The Sacred Valley is an adventurer's playground for hiking, biking, and rafting.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More