- Alpaca Clothing Nothing says "Cusco" quite like a sweater, shawl, poncho, or scarf woven from the hair of the alpaca.
- Andean Cuisine Where else in the world will you find roasted cuy (guinea pig) and alpaca steaks rubbing shoulders on fine-dining menus?
- Inca Architecture How did the Inca construct stone walls so precisely using 15th-century technology? How could they position a temple so it would be illuminated best at the exact moment of the solstice?
- Layered Religion Take a closer look at the walls—every Catholic church was built on the site, and often the foundation, of an Inca huaca, or sacred place.
- Hotels with History Cusco's hostelries brim with history. Many are former convents, monasteries, dwellings of sacred women, or palaces of Spanish conquerors.
- Sacred Playground The Sacred Valley is an adventurer's playground for hiking, biking, and rafting.
Want to stay at the finest properties when you travel? Check out our annual list of the 100 best hotels in the world.More