Cusco and the Sacred Valley Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
"Bienvenidos a la ciudad imperial del Cusco," announces the flight attendant when your plane touches down at a lofty 3,300 meters above sea level. "Welcome to the imperial city of Cusco." This royal greeting hints at what you're in for in Cusco, one of the world's great travel destinations.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Cusco and the Sacred Valley restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Cusco and the Sacred Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $3099 -- South America 7-Nt. Escape w/Air, Hotels & Tours Friendly Planet Travel
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking — $1,527 LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
Alpaca Clothing: Nothing says "Cusco" quite like a sweater, shawl, poncho, or scarf woven from the hair of the alpaca.... Read more
Vendors and hole-in-the-wall shopkeepers will beckon you in to look at their wares: "One of a kind," they proudly proclaim. "Baby alpaca, hand... Read more
The popularity of the Inca Trail and the scarcity of available spots have led to the opening of several alternative hikes of varying length and... Read more
The typical tour of the Cusco region combines the city with the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu in three whirlwind days, including the full Boleto... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now68° F Partly Cloudy 28% Humidity May 21, 2013 at 0:44PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more