Famous throughout Paraguay for its ceramics, Itá is the place to come for its distinctive black clay pottery. You'll pass a government-run handicraft exhibition before you reach town. On February 3 the town celebrates the Feast of St. Blas, the patron saint of Paraguay, with singing, dancing, a parade, and horse racing.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe