Nightlife & the Arts in Asunción
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Almost all the information about nightlife in Asunción is in Spanish, but the listings you find in publications are easily deciphered. Asunción's free biweekly arts and nightlife newsletter, Tiempo Libre, has cinema and theater listings. It's widely available in hotels and restaurants. Look also for the bilingual, monthly Asunción Quick Guide, available in hotels, for listings of what's going on.
Asunción doesn't have the nightlife of other Latin American capitals, such as Buenos Aires or Rio de Janeiro, especially during the week. The scene picks up Thursday through Saturday when locals dress up to go out on the town. In many nightspots you'll get turned away at the door if you're wearing jeans and T-shirts. Many upscale places cluster around Avenida Brasilia, Avenida España, and Avenida Mariscal López, about 2 km (1 mi) northeast of the centro. Most charge a small cover.
Browse Asunción Nightlife
Browse Asunción Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's