- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Laguna de Cuicocha
Laguna de Cuicocha Review
West of town, a milewide, oblong lake cradles itself in the lower flanks of Volcán Cotacachi. A well-marked hiking trail heads up the crater's rim into an ecological reserve that affords fantastic views of the distant Imbabura and Cayambe volcanoes. Within the lake are islands that can be visited on inexpensive boat tours.
- Address: 18 km (11 mi) west of Cotocachi, Cotacachi
- Location: Cotacachi
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
I'm a newbie who will be solo-backpacking Europe for a month plus in September and have no idea how to plan my route!
Here are some of the places I have in mind (but doesn't seem very straightforward Read more
· News & Features
The steep Andes are where you'll find these charming colonial haciendas, which offer a glimpse of Inca... Read more
On a National Geographic cruise through the Galapagos Islands' lush ecosystem, one of our intrepid writers... Read more
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier.... Read more