- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here & Around
The majority of visitors take in Otavalo as an escorted day tour from Quito. For around $75, taxis can be hired in Quito for a daylong trip to Otavalo and the surrounding countryside. If you want to do it yourself, Otavalo is a good, smooth drive via the Pan-American Highway north of Quito. From Quito's Terminal Terrestre, buses depart every 30 minutes for Otavalo (2 hours) and Ibarra (2½ hours). The round-trip fare should be less than $5. Transportes Otavalo deposits passengers in Otavalo's center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's