- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Residents of Ecuador's most famous market town proudly retain many of their old customs, including their manner of dress. The women wear embroidered white blouses, blue wraparound skirts, black or blue head cloths, and row upon row of beaded gold necklaces. Though many younger men now sport Western attire, in the nearby villages some still wear the traditional calf-length white pants, white shirt, and dark blue poncho, with a beige felt hat over long braided hair.
Otavalo at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's