- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Although most people just pass through here on the way to the lake of the same name, the quiet little town of Cotacachi is well worth a visit. The small central plaza is charming, with young children racing around while their grandparents settle back for a little gossip with friends. A few blocks away, Calle 10 de Agosto is lined with shops selling the quality leather goods for which the town is famous. The prices are amazingly low.
Cotacachi at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's