- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
The capital of Galápagos Province and the largest town on San Cristóbal, Puerto Baquerizo Moreno is much less tourist oriented than Puerto Ayora. Nonetheless, cafes, t-shirt stores, and dive shops are common along the main street (Avenue Charles Darwin) by the passenger pier.Two kilometers (1 mi) east of the port is Frigate Bird Hill, where both great and magnificent frigates—two species of black seabirds famed for their courtship displays—make their nests. On a clear day it offers sweeping views of the bay.
San Cristóbal at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's