- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
La Garrapata Review
This popular restaurant is run by the offspring of one of the pioneer families of Galápagos. Its outdoor tables attract both tourists and locals. The menu, which is heavy on seafood, also includes a few chicken and pasta dishes. Next door is the popular discotheque La Panga, where salsa music plays until the lights go out or the last patron leaves.
- Address: Av. Charles Darwin at Charles Binford, Puerto Ayora, 200350
- Phone: 05/252–6264
- Location: Santa Cruz
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a 7-day all too short trip to northwest Ecuador with my wife and daughter. Read more
I’ve wanted to visit Ecuador for a few years now – friends had recommended it so it was on my radar for a while. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
The steep Andes are where you'll find these charming colonial haciendas, which offer a glimpse of Inca ... Read more
On a National Geographic cruise through the Galapagos Islands' lush ecosystem, one of our intrepid writers... Read more
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier.... Read more