The Galápagos Islands Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Spanish Phrases
Plan Your The Galápagos Islands Vacation
A zoologist's dream, the Galápagos Islands afford a once-in-a-lifetime chance to witness animals found nowhere else on the planet. From the moment you step onto these dazzling shores, you're confronted by giant tortoises basking in the sun, lava lizards darting between rocks, and frigates swooping overhead. No one who has walked among these unique creatures will ever forget the experience.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best The Galápagos Islands restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Galápagos Islands
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now84° F Partly Cloudy 71% Humidity March 13, 2014 at 5:00PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a 7-day all too short trip to northwest Ecuador with my wife and daughter. Read more
I’ve wanted to visit Ecuador for a few years now – friends had recommended it so it was on my radar for a while. Read more