El Salado (the Salty One)
El Salado (the Salty One) Review
Baños is Spanish for "baths," and there are several thermal springs in town. The town's official name is Baños de Agua Santa (Baths of the Holy Water), but no miracles have ever been attributed to the springs. The best of the bunch is a series of pools called El Salado. Its six rough-hewn pools, next to a fastmoving stream, overflow with mineral water of various temperatures. The pools are refilled each morning at dawn.
- Address: 2 km (1 mi) outside Baños on Vía al Salado, Baños
- Cost: $2
- Hours: Daily dawn–dusk
- Location: Baños
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
I am traveling to South America on business in March. Read more
· News & Features
The steep Andes are where you'll find these charming colonial haciendas, which offer a glimpse of Inca... Read more
On a National Geographic cruise through the Galapagos Islands' lush ecosystem, one of our intrepid writers... Read more
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier.... Read more