Remote Odysseys Worldwide organizes Class III and Class IV white-water trips on the Rió Upano, including side trips to Shuar villages in the Amazon and camping out in Morona-Santiago Province. Foch 721, at Juan León Mera, Quito. 02/270–3535. www.rowinc.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe