At the base of Volcán Tungurahua and surrounded by heavily forested mountains, tumbling waterfalls, and natural hot springs, Baños is one of Ecuador's top tourist spots. Quiteños have been soaking in the thermal springs for decades. The town's real appeal—as tour operators will attest—are the abundant hiking trails, white-water rafting trips, and horseback excursions in the surrounding highlands, making it the country's outdoor-adventure center.
Baños at a Glance
- El Salado (the Salty One)
- La Iglesia de la Virgen del Agua Santa (Church of the Virgin of the Holy Water)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's