- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Il Risotto Review
Fresh roses adorn candlelighted tables, and prints of northern Italy and opera programs from Milan's La Scala decorate the walls, providing a romantic mood at this excellent Italian restaurant. Begin your meal with insalata del pescatore (shellfish salad), followed by lobster on a bed of pasta pomodoro or a chicken roll with spinach and ricotta cheese. For dessert, order crepes suzette with Grand Marnier or the tiramisu with decadent chocolate and cognac. You can listen to live music Thursday and Friday evenings.
- Address: Eloy Alfaro N34–447, at Portugal La Pradera, Quito, 170109
- Phone: 02/224–6850
- Location: New City
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a 7-day all too short trip to northwest Ecuador with my wife and daughter. Read more
I’ve wanted to visit Ecuador for a few years now – friends had recommended it so it was on my radar for a while. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
The steep Andes are where you'll find these charming colonial haciendas, which offer a glimpse of Inca ... Read more
On a National Geographic cruise through the Galapagos Islands' lush ecosystem, one of our intrepid writers... Read more
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier.... Read more