- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
South American Explorers
South American Explorers Review
For a fun, intellectual twist on a night out, South American Explorers holds informal lectures in English each Thursday at 6 pm. Topics range from ways to cope with altitude to planning a trip to the Galápagos. Admission is a nominal $2 for nonmembers, with plenty of popcorn included. They're a great way to meet fellow travelers.
Reina Victoria Pub. TheSouth American Explorers club holds a lively quiz night (with prizes) the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Reina Victoria Pub. Proceedings get under way at 8:30. Reina Victoria at Roca, 170143. www.reinavictoriapub.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a 7-day all too short trip to northwest Ecuador with my wife and daughter. Read more
I’ve wanted to visit Ecuador for a few years now – friends had recommended it so it was on my radar for a while. Read more
We are considering a visit. Read more
· News & Features
The steep Andes are where you'll find these charming colonial haciendas, which offer a glimpse of Inca ... Read more
On a National Geographic cruise through the Galapagos Islands' lush ecosystem, one of our intrepid writers... Read more
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier.... Read more