- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A onetime sleepy fishing village with an unsuccessful history of warding off pirates, Manta today booms with all the hustle and bustle of a medium-sized city. Ecuador's second-largest seaport's newest incarnation is that of a port of call, with ships of Celebrity, Holland America, Norwegian, Princess, Regent Seven Seas, and Royal Caribbean stopping here on select South America itineraries during the December-April season. Organized shore excursions take you shopping in nearby Montecristi, or via a flight to Quito, then overland to the markets in Otavalo.
Manta at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's