Guayaquil and the Pacific Coast Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Plan Your Guayaquil and the Pacific Coast Vacation
Few foreign visitors see Ecuador's Pacific coast beyond the view from the plane window as they head out to the Galápagos Islands. If you have the time, this is the center of the country's development—all economic roads lead to Guayaquil, Ecuador's largest city—and vacation culture—the tourism industry here touts the south coast as the Ruta del Sol ("route of the sun"), a string of beach resorts, still modest at this stage, but growing in number all the time.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Guayaquil and the Pacific Coast restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Guayaquil and the Pacific Coast
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now88° F Mostly Cloudy 58% Humidity April 16, 2014 at 5:00PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a 7-day all too short trip to northwest Ecuador with my wife and daughter. Read more
I’ve wanted to visit Ecuador for a few years now – friends had recommended it so it was on my radar for a while. Read more