One of the most remote corners of Ecuador, this eastern jungle region near the Peruvian border is the territory of the Achuar people. Kapawi is actually the name of an Achuar village.
Elsewhere in El Oriente
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's