- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Posada de Ingapirca
At a Glance
- Close to ruins, good value
- Rustic rooms
Posada de Ingapirca Review
To spend more time at Ingapirca, consider a stay at this posada. Rooms are simple and heated only by space heaters and fireplaces. If you want to see the countryside, you can rent horses for $10 a day; for another $10 you can hire a guide, who will lead you along an old Inca trail. Tables congregate around a cozy fireplace in an excellent restaurant that dishes up fine Ecuadoran cuisine.
- Address: 3 mi east of Cañaris, 42 mi north of Cuenca, Ingapirca
- Phone: 07/283-1120 in Cuenca
- Location: Ingapirca
- 19 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3359 -- Galapagos: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air, Hotels & Tours Friendly Planet Travel
- $1222 & up -- Ecuador: 5-Nt. Amazon Rain Forest Tour w/Air — $1,222 LatinEscapes.com
- $2118 & up -- Galapagos Islands Escape w/Tours & Breakfast — $2,118 LatinEscapes.com
I've just returned from an eight day horseback trip with three other women. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
I would like some feedback, if any on this travel agency. Read more
· News & Features
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? ... Read more
Silverseas cruise line will begin sailing to the Galapagos Islands following its purchase of Ecuadoria... Read more
Nestled in the Andean hillside, the Mashpi Lodge opened last week beckoning those looking to get close—very... Read more