- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Posada de Ingapirca
At a Glance
- Close to ruins, good value
- Rustic rooms
Posada de Ingapirca Review
To spend more time at Ingapirca, consider a stay at this posada. Rooms are simple and heated only by space heaters and fireplaces. If you want to see the countryside, you can rent horses for $10 a day; for another $10 you can hire a guide, who will lead you along an old Inca trail. Tables congregate around a cozy fireplace in an excellent restaurant that dishes up fine Ecuadoran cuisine.
- Address: 3 mi east of Cañaris, 42 mi north of Cuenca, Ingapirca
- Phone: 07/283–1120 in Cuenca
- Location: Ingapirca
- 19 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
This won't be much of a report to start with but if anyone has questions I am happy to answer. Read more
My sister, husband, and I would like to go to the Galapagos (and Ecuador) in 2013. Read more
· News & Features
The steep Andes are where you'll find these charming colonial haciendas, which offer a glimpse of Inca... Read more
On a National Geographic cruise through the Galapagos Islands' lush ecosystem, one of our intrepid writers... Read more
Filled with flora, fauna, and fascinating indigenous tribes, the Amazon is a fantastical frontier.... Read more