Sights & Attractions in The Caribbean Coast
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Things to Do in Cartagena
Barrio San Diego
The seldom-visited streets of this enchanting north-end district...
|Historic Districts / Sites||Cartagena|
Casa de Marqués Valdehoyos
Although scantily furnished, this elegant house exudes a powerful...
|Houses / Mansions||Cartagena|
Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas
Designed by Antonio de Arévalo in 1639, the Fort of St. Philip's...
Any Latin American city centers on its cathedral and main square...
Cerro de la Popa
For spectacular views of Cartagena, ascend this hill around sunset...
|Museums / Galleries, Architectural Sites, Viewpoints||Cartagena|
Cartagena survived only because of its walls, and its murallas...
Museo del Oro y Arqueología
The Gold and Archaeological Museum, an institution funded and...
|Museums / Galleries||Cartagena|
Palacio de la Inquisición
Arguably Cartagena's most visited tourist site documents the...
|Museums / Galleries, Castles / Palaces||Cartagena|
Plaza Santo Domingo
The eponymous church looming over the plaza is the oldest in...
|Religious Sites, Squares||Cartagena|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe