- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Safety & Precautions
Tourists are advised to stick to the shorefront of Santa Marta and the beaches of nearby Taganga and Rodadero, where security is fine. But remember at all times that the city is an important trans-shipment point for the cocaine trade. At night watch out for pickpockets and bag snatchers and take taxis.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe