- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here & Around
Cartagena's Aeropuerto Rafael Nuñez lies 3 km (2 mi) east of downtown. There are daily flights from Bogotá and Medellín on domestic carriers Aerorepública, Avianca, and Satena. There are direct international flights from Panama with Copa, from Canada with Air Transat, and from Italy with Lauda Air.
Traveling by car or bus to the Caribbean coast is not impossible yet it is a long haul (20 hours) and should be done during daylight hours only.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's