- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For white sand and palm trees, your best bet is Playa Blanca, about 15 minutes away by boat. Many people opt for a visit to the Islas del Rosario, a verdant archipelago surrounded by aquamarine waters and coral reefs. Tour boats leave from the Muelle de los Pegasos, the pier flanked by statues of two flying horses that is just outside the city walls. Plenty of men with boats will also offer to take you on the one-hour journey. Most larger hotels offer a trip to Playa Blanca and Islas de Rosario as part of a package.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's