The Caribbean Coast Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Colombia's sultry Caribbean Coast is linked to Bogotá only by the national flag, the milky Río Magdalena, and a couple of snaking highways. The costeño people, driven by salsa and the accordion-heavy vallenato music, have an exuberant spirit not seen in the capital.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Caribbean Coast restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Caribbean Coast
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line
- $1099 & up -- 11-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise, R/T Ft. Lauderdale — $1,099 American Express Travel
Cartagena's colorful past equals a vibrant present for travelers to explore.... Read more
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South... Read more
We all know that the Carnival King is Rio, but there are ample opportunities to let your hair down a... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Now90° F Partly Cloudy 75% Humidity June 19, 2013 at 11:00AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Some of you may have read previous trip reports from me – if not, I warn you, I like to write! Read more
As retired folk, we´ve taken to doing a big winter trip each year - a couple months away from DC´s sometimes cold and sometimes just blah and dreary winter. Read more
Hi fellow travellers!
I am just beginning my planning to South America for 5 months next year and have no idea where to start. I have no idea how much much I will need however have been saving so should Read more