For too long Salento's quaint and colorful streets have been the preserve of only the well-informed and adventurous. But visit this charming town in the coffee-producing heartland of Quindío to truly appreciate rural Colombia. Enjoy locally caught trout, take a hike among the mighty wax palms—the national tree of Colombia—of the Valle de Cocora, towering above you, and settle down with a tinto harvested from locally grown and roasted coffee beans.
Salento at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe