For too long Salento's quaint and colorful streets have been the preserve of only the well-informed and adventurous. But visit this charming town in the coffee-producing heartland of Quindío to truly appreciate rural Colombia. Enjoy locally caught trout, take a hike among the mighty wax palms—the national tree of Colombia—of the Valle de Cocora, towering above you, and settle down with a tinto harvested from locally grown and roasted coffee beans.
Salento at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's