Getting Here & Around
It is best to fly to Popayán and avoid travel overland. The tiny Aeropuerto Guillermo Leo'n Valencia, located behind the bus terminal, receives two daily Avianca flights from Bogotá.
Popayán is an easy city to navigate, as it's organized in a traditional grid pattern. At the center is Parque Caldas, and in the surrounding streets you'll find most of the points of interest.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's