Getting Here & Around
Cali's Aeropuerto Alfonso Bonilla Aragón is located about 20 km (12 mi) northeast of the city. Domestic carriers Aerorepública, Aires, Avianca, and Satena have regular flights here from Bogotá, Cartagena, and Medellín. Some international flights arrive here as well. It's a 10-hour trip to Cali from Bogotá or Medellín. Buses leave for these cities about once an hour. All travel by road is risky, so avoid it if at all possible. Civil conflict has been ongoing to the south and west of Cali since 1999, so never take buses to Popayán or Buenaventura.
Driving is dangerous around Cali for the same reasons. The highway between Bogotá and Cali is somewhat safer, but avoid it if at all possible. The 680-km (422-mi) journey to Bogotá takes around 10 hours. Drive during the day and arrive before dark.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's