- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here & Around
Cali's Aeropuerto Alfonso Bonilla Aragón is located about 20 km (12 mi) northeast of the city. Domestic carriers Aerorepública, Aires, Avianca, and Satena have regular flights here from Bogotá, Cartagena, and Medellín. Some international flights arrive here as well. It's a 10-hour trip to Cali from Bogotá or Medellín. Buses leave for these cities about once an hour. All travel by road is risky, so avoid it if at all possible. Civil conflict has been ongoing to the south and west of Cali since 1999, so never take buses to Popayán or Buenaventura.
Driving is dangerous around Cali for the same reasons. The highway between Bogotá and Cali is somewhat safer, but avoid it if at all possible. The 680-km (422-mi) journey to Bogotá takes around 10 hours. Drive during the day and arrive before dark.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Cali: Save at the Radisson Royal Cali in Jun Fr $148+/Nt Expedia
- Movich Casa del Alferez on Sale: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $157+/Nt Expedia