Southwest Colombia Travel Guide
Stroll about the colorful streets of Salento in Quindo, the coffee producing heartland. In Cali, Colombia's salsa capital blends flavors from the Pacific and the interior, and the result is a balmy city of contrasts; poverty and civil disorder are problems, but the visitor will enjoy long and late clement nights breaking in those dancing shoes. Farther south are Popayan with its restored colonial buildings and the UNESCO World Heritage site of pre-Columbian cultures in San Agustin.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Southwest Colombia restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Southwest Colombia
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Save at 4-Star Radisson Royal Cali: $148 & Up in May Expedia
- Cali Savings! Book at Movich Casa del Alferez Fr $141+/Nt Expedia
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South... Read more
We all know that the Carnival King is Rio, but there are ample opportunities to let your hair down a... Read more
Few Caribbean cities can match the history, vivaciousness, and cultural and culinary offerings of Cartagena.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Now73° F Scattered Clouds 83% Humidity May 24, 2013 at 9:00PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Some of you may have read previous trip reports from me – if not, I warn you, I like to write! Read more
As retired folk, we´ve taken to doing a big winter trip each year - a couple months away from DC´s sometimes cold and sometimes just blah and dreary winter. Read more
Hi there, My wife and I are planning our first 2 month trip to South Amercia with the itinerary below and would like to get your feedback: -
Do I have the right cities / no. Read more