Getting Here & Around
As San Andrés is the package-holiday capital of Colombia, daily flights come in from many mainland cities, including Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, and Barranquilla. Flights book up rapidly on prime Colombian holidays, long weekends, Semana Santa, and in December, but more reasonable tariffs can be secured outside of these dates.
There is a public bus service that circles the island, but the buses are rather old and beat up.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe