Shopping in Bogotá
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bogotá's shops and markets stock all types of leather and wool goods designed for life on the high plains. Handwoven ruanas (ponchos) are popular; the natural oils in the wool make them almost impervious to rain. Colombian artisans also have a way with straw: toquilla, a tough native fiber, is used to make hats, shoes, handbags, and even umbrellas.
Browse Bogotá Shopping
Browse Bogotá Shopping By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's