- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Iglesia San Diego
Iglesia San Diego Review
This simple two-aisle church built by Franciscan monks in the early 17th century once stood on a quiet hacienda on the outskirts of colonial Bogotá. Trees and pastures have been replaced by the towering offices of Bogotá's "Little Manhattan." Both the church and its beautiful statue of the Virgin of the Fields, with her crown of intricate gold and silver filigree work, are homages to the city's bucolic past.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Colombia: Modern Bogota Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Aloft Bogota Airport
Some of you may have read previous trip reports from me – if not, I warn you, I like to write! Read more
As retired folk, we´ve taken to doing a big winter trip each year - a couple months away from DC´s sometimes cold and sometimes just blah and dreary winter. Read more
Hi fellow travellers!
I am just beginning my planning to South America for 5 months next year and have no idea where to start. I have no idea how much much I will need however have been saving so should Read more
· News & Features
Cartagena's colorful past equals a vibrant present for travelers to explore.... Read more
It draws you in with the allure of beaches, thrilling adventures, and idyllic wine regions, but South... Read more
We all know that the Carnival King is Rio, but there are ample opportunities to let your hair down a... Read more