All of Chile is in the same time zone: UTC/GMT minus 4 hours (or 3 hours during daylight saving time). Daylight saving time in Chile begins in October and ends in March.
Depending on the time of year, New York is the same time as Santiago or 1 to 2 hours behind, and Los Angeles is 3 to 5 hours behind. London is 3 to 5 hours ahead of Santiago, and New Zealand and Australia are 16 to 17 and 14 to 15 hours ahead respectively.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe