- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Puyuhuapi Lodge & Spa
At a Glance
- quality spa treatments, including outdoor mud baths
- on-site pool
- incredible views of the bay and mountains
- hard to get to
- no phone
Check Rates from our Partners
Puyuhuapi Lodge & Spa Review
If you arrive at night, your catamaran sails past a dark fjord to a spectacular welcome—drums, bonfires along the shore, and fireworks illuminating the grounds. Accessible only by water (it's a five-hour boat ride from Puerto Chacabuco to the south), the property is remote and profoundly secluded. Luckily, your every need is taken care of here, whether you're in the mood for hiking and kayaking, excursions to glaciers, or just relaxing with a massage or in one of the many indoor and outdoor hot-spring pools. Pathways wind among flower beds, where hummingbirds hover, and between the low-roofed but spacious accommodations, with decks extending over the lakefront. The dining room ($$$) has terrific views of the fjord and a wonderful selection of wines.
- Address: Bahia Dorita s/n, Carretera Austral, 13 km (8 mi) south of Puerto Puyuhuapi, Puerto Puyuhuapi
- Phone: 67/325–103; 2/225–6489 in Santiago
- Website: www.patagonia-connection.com
- Location: Puerto Puyuhuapi
- 41 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! Read more
Here is a trip report on San Pedro de Atacama, Chilehttp://southernpacificreview.com/2014/03/19/san-pedro-de-atacama/ Read more
My daughter and I are/were planning a trip to Chile and staying in Valparaiso. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more