- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
The main reason to visit Futaleufu is to partake in the plethora of sports and outdoor options in the area.
Expediciones Chile run by an American, former Olympic kayaker, Chris Spellius, is the oldest, most renowned service available in the area for rafting and kayaking excursions. They also offer mountain biking and horse-riding trips. Mistral 296, Futaleufu. 65/562-639. www.exchile.com.
Austral Excursiones is a locally owned outfitter that provides fishing, rafting, trekking, and canyoning trips. Hermanos Carrera 500, Futaleufu. 65/721-239.
Bio Bio Expeditions has twice been named by National Geographic Adventure magazine as "one of the best outfitters on Earth." Bio Bio sets up first-class, 10-day camping, rafting, and kayaking outings in Futaleufú. Futaleufú. 800/246–7238. www.bbxrafting.com.
If you're looking for a luxury rafting trip, then consider H2O Patagonia, which offers six- or eight-day rafting trips combined with a stay at their exclusive ranch featuring meals cooked by an "international chef," fine wines, hot tub, and spa. Futaleufu. 828/333-4615. www.h2opatagonia.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's